In November and December 2020, the Australian Civil-Military Centre conducted several High Risk Weather Season workshops for the Maritime Task Group, Headquarters Joint Task Force 629 and Joint Task Group 629.1 (based on the 5th Brigade at Holsworthy). The workshops provided:
- updates on Defence Assistance to the Civil Community policy
- the roles and responsibilities of Joint Operations Support Staff from within Estate and Infrastructure Group and how they support State and Territory requests for Defence assistance
- an overview of Emergency Management Australia Request for Assistance processes and their responsibilities
- an overview from the Bureau of Meteorology of High Risk Weather Season scenarios designed to exercise Defence in response planning
- a Discussion Exercise during which participants worked through a variety of support options for varying weather scenarios based on the information provided by Bureau of Meteorology, Emergency Management Australia and Joint Operations Support Staff personnel
Australian Civil-Military Centre received exceptional support from the Bureau of Meteorology, Emergency Management Australia and Joint Operations Support Staff personnel in delivering these workshops.
The Australian Civil-Military Centre will continue to coordinate the High Risk Weather Season workshops for the Joint Task Groups as we move through 2021 and commence preparation for the High Risk Weather Season of 2021/2022.